Saturday, October 27, 2012

Just a start...

I finally summed up the courage to attend a drawing class...The little signs for Bethnal Green Live Drawing 50 yards-------> Have been taunting me for months...I started seeing them pretty much right when we moved in to our flat. So, it has taken me 7 months to look into it (very scary first step) and another month to coax myself into finally attending... And let me tell you, though artists can be incredibly intimidating with all their pretentious self proclaimed styles and new age ways of holding pencils, they can also be amazingly laid back and welcoming...

I was late for my first class...go figure...Walking up the stairs, slightly sweaty since I had been running around the area trying to find the building, I almost turned around...I personally can't see anything more awkward than walking into a live drawing class with all your stuff falling out of your purse...trying to find an empty chair which of course is directly across from where you are standing, meaning you have to walk half the perimeter of the room, tripping over peoples stuff and asking them in a loud whisper to move, as you apologize a million times...

This did not happen to me...:) I walked in, a lovely lady standing by the door seemed excited to see me again...and was slightly surprised when I told her it was my first time...She led me in, taking half my stuff. Brought me a chair, an easel board, paper, clips and in a normal speaking voice as if we were the only ones there, explained how the class goes, introduced me to the people sitting next to me and patted me on the back as she walked away. For the next three hours we all drew...(with a 20 min break half way through where the nice lady made a group of over 40 people pizza and snacks)...

Even though I have only gone twice, I feel as though I have found a new hobby...even if it is just a start...I like it...So, since I'm being all brave and all...here are some of my sketches...(more on snapshots)






V.

No comments:

Post a Comment